Tuesday, June 9, 2009

First Friday in Downtown Bakersfield

1st Friday Trunk Show @ Charisma Boutique
featuring TheWayWeWear


There was a good turn out and I sold a few aprons & shopping bags at my first, FIRST FRIDAY Trunk Show event at Charisma Boutique. For those of you who don't know what First Friday is– It's a monthly celebration in Downtown Bakersfield's burgeoning Arts District with many shops having simultaneous events, live music, art shows, good food and wine, fun and trunk shows! My thanks to the owners of Charisma Boutique, Maitecha & Tracy for asking to be a part of this months Trunk Show ;-) !!!

Last Friday evening, June 5th from 5pm to 8pm I was on hand, showing & selling my line of handmade, vintage apron reproductions & handmade shopping bags, answering questions and mingling with the shoppers who sipped fine wine, champagne and hor d'oeuvres. I was also interviewed by Rusty Shoop in front of Metro Galleries (LIVE on KERO23 news at 6 o'clock (I will be posting it as soon as I get a copy of the interview) Consequently a viewer saw the spot and came down the very next day to Charisma Boutique to purchase the 1950's I Love Lucy Sweetheart Petal Apron that I showed in the interview! My thanks to Don Martin, owner of Metro Galleries for setting up the interview ;-) !!!

Charisma Boutique it's a fabulously-chic place to shop with a unique selection of the best personal and home accessories from some of today's hottest emerging and trendsetting designers. For those of you that missed the event or didn't have a chance to stop by Charisma Boutique my items are available at her shop and on her website @ http://charisma-boutique.com

Charisma Boutique is located @ 1925 H Street, between 19th & 20th street just two doors down from the Fox Theater in Downtown Bakersfield.


Check out these fabulous new vintage styles available at www.TheWayWeWear.com

No comments:

Post a Comment